Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Rediscovered Gem

Last night I headed downtown.  My plan was to walk on the trail by the river in an area that is well lit since it is now dark at 5:00.  (Ugh!)  I found a place to park about three blocks from the trail, put on my gloves, zipped up my coat and off I went.

The first thing to catch my eye was Bosses Book Store.  Bosses has been there since horse and buggy days and even though I've lived here for 30 years I have never set foot in it.  So in I went.  What a cool store!  Newspapers, magazines, books, maps, cigars, even candy!  I found a section of books by local writers, like Warren Gerds  (a newspaper reporter) and a couple books about unsolved murders and mysteries from this area among other titles.

Next stop, a clothing store that has expensive, lovely things to wear to Christmas parties and weddings.  Maybe I'll go back and try a few things on.  Something stunning to wear when Harry takes me dancing.

As I passed the museum I chatted with the dinosaur and checked their hours for a future visit as I waited for a train to rumble by.

I wandered over the bridge "all the the way to the west side of town" where I window shopped down this enchanting street.  A hat store, sushi bar, D.I.Y. crafts and gifts, one of a kind jewelry items, coffee, burgers, web design, a hookah and pipe shop.  What a variety!  This street really rocks during the Farmer's Market in the summer (which is a ton of fun), but it's amazing in the winter too.

I felt like I rediscovered a gem tonight.       

No comments:

Post a Comment