Thursday, July 12, 2012

Gotta go!

At 6:00 this morning I sat at my computer gazing out the window of our new home in Florida wondering what I could blog about when I noticed a car pull up and stop in front of the house that is under construction across the street. 


A young woman got out and walked to the building crew's port-a-potty that is sitting out front.  After a few minutes she emerged, got into her car and drove away.

Since we live on a back street and not in an area that lots of people "just happen to drive by" I contemplated the potential reasons for her stop.



  • She just left home and realized she forgot to go.
  • "Gotta go, gotta go" - She is part of a new commercial for Detrol and the film crew was around the corner out of site.  I am ruling this one out however as she didn't have an "urgency" dance as she headed for the door.
  • Perhaps she is working on one of the new homes under construction nearby and thought she'd stop before she arrived at work.
  • Maybe she lives in a van down by the river and needed the facility.  I do want to point out that she was driving a nice looking sporty car (not a van) and to the best of my knowledge there is not a river nearby.
  • Maybe she is part of the government crew that goes around certifying portable johns, similar to the mattress police who I expect to show up any day now to make sure I haven't removed the tags from my mattresses.  
  • She may have 12 siblings and couldn't wait for her number to be called for bathroom time at home.
  • I think I've got it!  She's part of a Secret Shopper program and she's giving feedback on the experience of using their product.
One thing I do know for certain though is that one of my new neighbors (who I have yet to meet) is sitting at their computer blogging about why the goofy new neighbor from Wisconsin is outside taking a picture of a port-a-potty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment