Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Winning the Lottery


Riverside Park 
At lunch today, I walked along the sidewalk in Riverside Park enjoying the pleasant, sunny winter day.  I was chatting on the phone with my mother about a particularly good piece of news that I couldn't wait to share with her.

(Perhaps you remember my mom from a previous post. If not, you can read it here.)

My mom is quiet and soft spoken yet has a hidden courage and strength equal to that of a lioness.  She is kind, thoughtful and has a fun sense of humor. I am so thankful my daughters and I have her for a role model.

She wanted to know what it looked like where I was walking today.  She expected a hustling, bustling NYC sidewalk so I said I'd send her a picture.  So this one's for you, mom.

I truly did win the birth lottery and I can't wait to spend a lot more time with you very soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment