Thursday, October 25, 2012

Whispers From Above


Yesterday I took a long walk at the ocean.  I was looking for some great pictures that rank high enough in design, color and content that I can print them on canvas and hang them in our home.  In my quest many intriguing things caught my eye so with my little inexpensive camera I shot away.

As I walked I was searching.  Searching not just for a great photo op but for answers as well.  You see this past few months I have been searching to discover what my next career will be.  I feel very strongly it's more than just a paycheck... what is waiting for me is not a paycheck, it's a calling.  I can hear whispers of it beckoning me; however the whispers are not loud enough for me to discern what is being said.  How I wish it was as easy as simply turning up the volume so I could hear!

Later that evening I stood at the waters edge following communion at a worship service on the beach and I felt a sense of calm come over me.  Just like the flat, waveless water covering my feet, I felt peaceful and at ease.

I must be patient and the direction will come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment