Thursday, October 29, 2015

Home Movies

My mom and I are both big fans of popcorn and home movies, so when I spent the night at her house Tuesday night it wasn't hard to decide on the entertainment for the evening.  We decided to watch a video my aunt filmed of the week surrounding my grandfather's funeral 15 years ago.  What fun! (Well, not the funeral part, but lots of other parts.)  

Here are the top things that jumped out at me while we watched.


  1. It was great to hear my dad's voice and see him alive and laughing.
  2. My children were so young!  They would have been 16, 15 and 12 then. 
  3. There is a strong resemblance among my cousins.
  4. I had brown hair.....for REAL!
  5. The sweaters my daughters had on are now in my dresser not theirs. 
  6. The footage my aunt took of the outside of Antigo Bakery, the Hoffman House and the Armory looked exactly the same as it did when we drove by the next morning.  
Be it a happy occasion like a wedding or a sad occasion like a funeral, when you watch it for home movie night 15 years later, there is a joyful feeling re-living the experience seeing loved ones from a time gone by.   



No comments:

Post a Comment