Tuesday, October 27, 2015

This week's crazy find

You know how you see things all the time and don't think twice about them?  Then one day you see it in a new light and think, "woah!"  That was me with brussel sprouts at the Farmers Market on Saturday.  (Yes, I know I told you it was a rainy day, but we were able to go!)  We walked past this crazy looking plant and I did a double take.  Sure enough.  Brussel sprouts.  I'd knew them to come from a plastic bag in the freezer section or be these cute little balls in the produce department.  I've never considered what they look like in plant form.  I guess I thought they must be like little heads of lettuce growing in tiny little rows in the field, but NO! Just look at that monstrosity!

Next step - venture out and actually find them in a field.  Woah! Let the crazy continue! 

2 comments:

  1. haha! My mom put a stalk in a vase once (my stepdad HATED Brussel spouts), and then they proceeded to go on vacation for a week. Those things STUNK when they got home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ones you found!! They are huge!!

    ReplyDelete