Monday, January 11, 2016

The Common Thread

I sought out Nikko Restaurant for two reasons. 1) I thought sushi sounded good for dinner.  2) I had eaten there with Harry and I liked the memory of having a really nice evening with him. 

Located on Amsterdam at 123rd Street, it is dimly lit and they have good food. The wait staff is very attentive and the customers at the hibachi tables in the next room sound like they are having fun. Most voices melted in to the background and I was secretly thrilled when the young lady with the intrusive voice finished her meal and left. 

I've become very comfortable dining alone over the past couple years. Sometimes I read. Sometimes I surf the web or catch up on Facebook. Tonight I was tired after an eleven hour day at work so I texted with Harry, read my Kindle and relaxed. I enjoy this time to reflect. 

If I listen closely I can distinguish at least three languages being spoken. I appreciate other languages and cultures. I truly love the diversity...all connected by a common thread.  

No comments:

Post a Comment