Thursday, December 24, 2015

Sweet Smiles and Salty Tears

Sweet Smiles and Salty Tears
I'm feeling a mixture of emotions this Christmas.  I guess that's normal, but it seems to be more pronounced this year.  

This Christmas season we were able to spend time with all of our adult children. It's such a joy seeing them flourish and bloom. Sweet!

We just hit the one year mark since Harry's mother died and last month it was two years since my dad passed away.  The empty hole left by their absence seems much larger during holidays.  Salty.

Our GRANDS are growing in number and height. They bring joy on so many levels. Sweet!

The question mark around my job brings pangs of uncertainty.  Salty.   

I love Christmas music!  Christmas Eve worship!  The celebration of Jesus' birth!  Sweet!

I am married to the most understanding, loving and patient man I have ever met.  Sweet!

At the end of the day, sweet smiles and salty tears are essential to a chockful and bursting life.  

1 comment: