Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Really Great Guy is Waiting

Today I received word that a friend of mine did not make it through emergency aortic dissection surgery.  My heart is heavy and I am filled with sadness for his family and the void created by the loss of this good man.

We are both Coordinators for In Mission Together where he has worked for a number of years with the partner churches scattered about Eurasia and the United States while I am just beginning to work with the Cameroon and Guinea partners. He has been organizing a two day event for those churches and I was responsible for setting up the online event registration.  I have an email folder filled with event information and messages of approval, support and encouragement from him.

I went for a run this afternoon and my mind was first filled with a million thoughts about him and then..... completely blank. I see his smiling picture and can't believe he's gone.

I'm at a loss for words but I thought you should know there is a really great guy waiting for us when it's our turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment