Sunday, March 18, 2012

Change Is In The Wind

When I was in grade school my mom and I would clean my room and move all the furniture around.  It was such fun!  "Where should we put the bed?"  "How about over here?"  And we'd push everything all around.  As an adult, my previous home had much of the furniture made specifically for each room and it really didn't fit well in a different configuration.   Sometimes I'd move the living room around but it didn't last long before I'd move it back to the "better" arrangement.  To compensate, at least once a year (usually early January) I'd move all the furniture around in my office.  It always seems like it gave a fresh feel, a new outlook, just as if it was all new.    

These days I haven't had to move furniture around to get the feeling of change.  It's all around me and on multiple levels.  Home.  Work.  You name it, it's changing.

Harry and I were chatting on the way home from church this morning and he said he had been thinking about change and how people react differently. Many times people don't enjoy change and even fight changes wanting everything to stay the same.  However, life is always changing.  It will change whether you want it to or not.

That is, everything except God.  God doesn't change.  God is the constant.  And that's what keeps us grounded.  

No comments:

Post a Comment