Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sing, Sing A Song

Over the past few years I have a new appreciation for hearing birds sing.  As I enjoy breakfast on the deck (in Wisconsin in March no less!) I can hear so many different songs that I can't even separate them.  They are like a symphony that has been carefully rehearsed with each note practiced to perfection.

If I shift my attention I can hear the cars cruising past on the highway a distance away.  It's rush hour so it's a steady droning and somewhat unpleasant sound in the background.

As humans, I believe that the sounds we send out are a choice.  We can decide to be a song bird lifting our praises and concerns with a lovely thankful voice or we can choose an irritating voice of constant discontent.  Oh what a difference it makes in our life and the lives of those around us!

It makes me think about my own voice and the song I emit to the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment