Sunday, March 25, 2012

Lobsters Wave?


When Erich and Lindsay were about 3 and 2 years old, they stayed with a babysitter they adored who had a son in his early teens.  Every day when I'd come to pick them up, Mark would get my kids all excited, running and clapping, smiling and cheering, "YOUR momma's here!"  "Your momma's here!!!"  They would come running as fast as their little legs would carry them to greet me with huge hugs and kisses.  Needless to say, I absolutely loved that part of my day!

I find it interesting how we are greeted in various settings and cultures.  A handshake, a high five, a kiss on the cheek, pat on the arm or shoulder, a hug, a bow, or a smile and yellow happy face sticker.  In the animal world dogs sniff, dolphins whistle, and supposedly lobsters wave.  The welcoming elephant will spin around, defecate, urinate, hold their heads high and flap their ears, trumpet, rumble and roar with excitement!  As much as I'd enjoy that excited greeting I don't think I'd like them greeting me in the living room!  

In Romans 16:16 and at least three other places in the Bible we are told to "greet each other in Christian love."      

Oh how wonderful it feels to be happily greeted and warmly welcome. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh how wonderful it feels to be happily greeted and warmly welcome.

    LOVE your thoughts!!! Bless you sweet friend of mine!! I know, lucky me!! Rhonda

    ReplyDelete