Friday, March 30, 2012

Choose Wisely

A number of years ago I was going through a very, very difficult time in my life.  I was separated from my husband of 27 years with the decision to divorce looming near.  We were closing our 17 year old business plus dealing with all the financial complications that come with both of those events.  I hurt so badly that at times I had to tell myself to breathe.  

I was at the store when someone .... as I think back I realize I cannot recall the store, the situation or even the words spoken .... but someone said something very kind to me.  It made me feel so good, so uplifted.  As I drove away I thought about how we never know the impact of our words on others.  I'm sure the lady who spoke those words had no idea.  I'm sure it was no big deal to her.  However, it made a HUGE difference to me that day.

You may never really know the actual power of your words.
Choose wisely.     

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Well, you know what a huge difference you make for me! And choosing words carefully is something we should all remember.

      Delete