Thursday, August 2, 2012

4NN, 4GN - Cracking the Code

4NN, 4GN and there's more but if I tell you the rest of the code I'll have to shoot you.  This mission should you choose to accept it....


Having recently moved 1,099 miles away from the area I called home for 30 years, I am now in the position of having to find providers for all of life's necessities.  Day one I nailed down water, power and internet providers.  Day two we found a trail to run on.  Days three, six and ten I checked out the selections offered at the nearby grocery stores.  Day five I located the Social Security office and officially changed to my new married name.  Day 19  we located a place to buy "good cheese" and wine with the bonus of finding fresh seafood at the same place as well.  (Score!)  

During this whole time a little voice keeps reminding me that I need to locate one of the most important people a gal can know.  Yes, you are absolutely correct, I'm talking about a hair stylist and to top it off, the enemies are emerging at the roots and time is running out!  I did plan ahead and had my hair done a couple days before we left town, and I even have the formula for success (4NN, 4GN, and of course the rest is confidential) written down and waiting for the big day.  However, I still face the daunting task of finding the right talent.  

Lori who works at Ce Bon
This will not be easy you see as I've been going to an awesome stylist for the past six or seven years.  She's amazing and it's not just that she colors, highlights and cuts my hair so that I look amazing, but she is kind, funny, thoughtful and an inspiration to anyone she meets.  She is truly a beautiful person inside as well as out.  Whomever I locate will have a tough time walking in her shoes, wielding her scissors or whatever the equivalent is.

During my travels through the grocery stores, at church, the utility offices, Home Depot and Lowes I've kept my eye out for someone who has great looking hair.  Good color, highlights, great cut.  I've been prepared and ready when I spot her to interrupt at the check out line, "Excuse me, could you give me the name of your hair stylist?"  But alas, this has been a tough task.  I've seen a few people who I was ready to ask, however one of them was moving so fast through the store (with two teenagers close on her heels) that I would have needed my running shoes to catch up to her!  I also thought it might be a bit tacky in the middle of the sermon on Sunday to stop the pastor and ask the lady two rows in front of me who does her hair.  "Pardon me Pastor, could you just hold that thought about eating those locusts with honey while I chat for a moment with that gal about her hair stylist?"

You can imagine my joy yesterday when a friendly, young lady with a Paula Walker cute haircut complete with great highlights picked me up to take me to the service station where the Jeep was being worked on.  (Yes, I even found an auto service center faster than a hair stylist!)  During the five minute ride I had the perfect opportunity to ask who her stylist is and you can bet your boots I'll be calling Suzie at the Hair Suite in the very near future.

It's a tough job finding someone who can crack the code.

No comments:

Post a Comment