Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Finding MY Brightly Colored Umbrella

Recently I posted about the rainy season in Florida and deciding that I needed an umbrella to call my own, I went to the store to buy one.  You see, if the streets I travelled did indeed look like the one pictured to the left, well no problem!  But alas, they do not, thus I need a nimble, handy, compact, easy to carry and quick to grab brollie.  
So I set off on this sunny day to peruse Target's umbrella department.  It took a moment to get beyond the large brimmed straw hats that I've been oogling for the beach.  (But haven't wanted to spend the money on since I am not yet gainfully employed.)  However, once I cleared the hats I was thrilled with the selection and had to check them all out!









  • Some were compact - very nice
  • Some were flimsy - not in these winds, yikes!
  • Some were auto open - swweeeet
  • Some had little sleeves to store them in - one more thing to keep track of
  • Some were plain and boring - didn't even bother with those
  • Some had colors that clash with my feng shui - never mess with feng shui! 
  • Some were for old lady grandmas - can't go there
  • Some sported team logos - who the heck are the Gators!?
  • Some were for golfing - what's wrong with staying in the cart?
  • Some had polka dots - need I say more?

One was JUST right.
So I purchased it and sure enough when I got outside it was raining.


No comments:

Post a Comment