Monday, February 6, 2012

Arrival 6:09...delivery 6:12

My daughter, Lindsay entered this world with a flourish a quick 13-months after her older brother.  Labor was a short four hours and delivery was just THREE minutes after arriving at the hospital.  The staff at Bellin met us downstairs at the entrance with a wheelchair, had the elevator waiting, whisked us upstairs to the delivery room, took one look and said, "Don't push!"  They grabbed a passing doctor, he stuck his head in the doorway and a wonderful, efficient intern delivered her as Lindsay's dad was just entering the room after parking the car.  Naming her took longer than labor and delivery did!  (I liked Rebekah but alas I lost and now cannot imagine her with another name.)    

Lindsay is a brilliant young lady with a finely tuned sense of humor laced with her thoughtful and caring ways.  She has always brought joy to my life and I've loved watching her grow to be the amazing young woman she has become.  Happy Birthday to my sweet Lindsay!

Picking out her wedding dress

A favorite of mine captured by a friend 

At the finish line of her
first half marathon
With Samwise

No comments:

Post a Comment