Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Essence of Trust

This morning as I gazed out the upstairs window a slight movement  in the woods behind the house caught my eye.  I stood quietly watching as a deer made his (her?) way down the hill, jumped over the creek and walked up hill to the edge of our backyard.  As I studied the trees and the spaces in between, I could see his path was followed by others.  

At the edge of the woods before entering our yard he stopped - fully alert - yet perfectly still looking for danger.  Sensing none he started out across the yard where he was immediately and quickly followed single file by seven smaller deer.   Only the final deer hesitated slightly before entering the yard.  By the time I got to the window in the front of the house the last one was bounding through the brush and into the safe, cover of the trees in the woods across the road.

As their leader he was clearly watching out for their best interests and they had complete trust as they followed him.   The essence of trust is its bond.

No comments:

Post a Comment