Sunday, December 18, 2011

At 30,000 Feet

Isn't technology amazing?  I am online and writing this from 30,000 feet in the air while flying to Colorado for a few days of fun with Sarah and Jean.

I'm next to the window because Harry is a good sport and spoils me rotten.  The sun has set and as we cruise along all I can see outside the window is darkness with the exception of the red flashing light on the wing alerting all to our presence in the night sky.

The little boy two rows up was singing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer earlier, but I think the noise of the plane has lulled him to sleep so he can recharge and be ready to entertain again once the plane lands.  

Little does he know that in only a few days he will gaze into the sky searching for Rudolph's shining red nose guiding Santa through the night and when he spots the red light flashing in the darkness, what he'll really be seeing is the light flashing outside my window at 30,000 feet.

Or is it really Santa?


No comments:

Post a Comment