Sunday, December 11, 2011

Not Because of Death

I sat looking around the lovely sanctuary filled with people that the memorial service was being held in.  My mother, father, older brother and I had made the trip to Madison to pay our respects to a former Pastor and his family who had been good friends when we were growing up.  Spending the day together with Mom, Dad and Mike had been a treat in itself and it was great to see our childhood friends again.

I listened to the words of the pastor as the service began,  "We are not here because of death.  We are not here because Fid died.  We are here because he lived."  I liked that.  As he said those words my mind quickly thought about his life and what a kind, caring, all around good man he was.  He did live - in every sense of the word.  I liked that.

I will strive to do the same.








1 comment:

  1. Wow, so sorry to hear of his passing. He was a very kind and thoughtful man.

    ReplyDelete