Thursday, December 1, 2011

Singing Hearts


One of my favorite things is when Harry and I go to a restaurant and sit on the same side of a booth.  I know it’s the norm if there are just two people that they sit across from each other rather than next to one another when eating in public and sitting in a booth.  However, whenever we go out and sit on the same side of the booth it feels so romantic, close and intimate.  We sit close, lean in and talk softly.  We are the couple that I have always wanted to be part of.  I love it and it makes my heart sing.

Tonight I went to a local sushi restaurant to meet a friend for dinner and while I was waiting for her to arrive, two women came and sat in the booth directly in front of me.  One scooted in and as the other sat directly next to her, the first questioned that she was sitting on the same side.  Her reply was, “Yes, I am.”

They sat there, heads close together, chatting and laughing while they enjoyed their meal.  They leaned over and kissed once or twice.  It was so refreshing to see them enjoying the love they have found in one another.   I hope their hearts were singing as mine does when Harry is next to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment