Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Ways Of A Cat

Tigger our cat died in his sleep last night.  Over the weekend he stopped eating and we found him curled up in small places.  Under the computer desk, under the shelves, in between two boxes.  We made two trips to the vet with him where they tested him for everything and found nothing wrong with him, yet he died during the night.  On top of heart breaking, it's baffling.


Tigger was quite the cat.  He woke us up in the morning with a joyful and loud, "HELLO!"  He liked to hang out with us as we worked in the yard or watched TV.  He was very personable and when I moved to the Country House (the name we have dubbed our home) he made me feel very welcome, accepted and loved.  He helped my transition into the family.

He liked to play (although rumor has it that he played a lot more in his younger days) and he didn't put up with any crap from our granddogs when they came to visit.  He and Dia were good friends and he easily tolerated her silly puppy ways.  Tigger was very happy when Dia went potty where she's supposed to because that meant he got a treat as well.

I learned a lot from Tigger and saw many things from a different perspective because of him.  I hope he felt as loved by me as I did by him.  He will be missed.      

No comments:

Post a Comment