Saturday, December 3, 2011

Yummy-licious Memories

Yummy-licious!
Today I'm baking for the "Delicious Delectable" cookie walk at church tomorrow so I pulled out my Christmas CD's and started cranking my favorite holiday tunes.  Every year we have to start with Sleigh Ride and then move on to some classics performed by Mannheim Steamroller.

I was suddenly hit with a huge wave of homesickness for my daughters.  Both are grown women, one living in Minnesota and the other in Honduras, so Christmas season now looks very different from when they were young.

Holiday decorating and baking ALWAYS included the music and "kitchen" dancing as we burst into fits of giggling and laughter.

Here's a snippet caught on video a couple years ago.

    
With perfect timing, in the midst of my baking, Lindsay texted a photo of her Christmas tree and some silly antics of her beloved black lab, Samwise.  Perhaps she sensed my need to connect or perhaps she was feeling the same nostalgia as I.

I love these Yummy-licious memories.  

1 comment: