Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Spiderman Removes His Mask

Tonight at church a mother and her young son were at odds with each other.  He didn't want to participate in the children's program.  After a full day of work, school and a sibling's birthday celebration, they were both at wits end so he ended up having a cool down period in the hallway by himself.

I usually pop between our classes to make sure everything is flowing smoothly and as I did I discovered this little boy sitting on the floor with his Spiderman mask on.  I knew he'd had a rough day so I sat on the floor next to him and started chatting.

We talked about a wide variety of topics and he shared with me that he is not really Spiderman, he's six and will be seven in June.  He goes to school and today they had cheese sandwiches for lunch but he couldn't have one because he's allergic to cheese and milk.  Somewhere when we started talking about peanut butter sandwiches, his teacher and his friends he pulled his mask off and slowly started smiling.

As we went to find the crayons I discovered Spiderman has the cutest dimples when he smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment