Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Erich's Birthday


Today is Erich's birthday!  My son.  My firstborn.  Every year since they were young children I have taken my children out for breakfast on their birthday.  Somewhere near the beginning I started telling them about the day they were born.  They each have a very unique and exciting story, as I'm sure all births probably do, but I like to think their births were especially unique so I usually recount the story for them every year.  (I'd be happy to share all three exciting stories with you, just let me know if you'd like to hear them.)  This year Erich and I chatted about many things but never got around to the story of his birth.  

I like talking to Erich.  He has always been a deep thinker and a very thoughtful person.  He's smart and funny and he likes playing nerdy games with his friends.  He has a technical job and is very good at bringing complicated technology into an every day usable context.  Needless to say, I'm very proud of him and I love seeing the young man he's become.

Happy Birthday son, you are a joy in my life!  


No comments:

Post a Comment