Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sunshine

I enjoy that movie "Love Actually".  In particular I like the scene at the end where everyone is at the airport greeting or being greeted by someone who loves them.  I am (actually) part of that scene almost weekly to greet Harry as he returns home, however today was different then most weeks.  Today I was there to meet my youngest child as she returned from being a Peace Corps Volunteer in Honduras.

She left almost two years ago and I've seen her three times during her duration there.  She was doing amazing things and making a big impact on a small community, however due to danger from the drug traffickers and random violence to both US citizens and nationals, Peace Corps made the decision last month to remove all of our volunteers from that country, thus her assignment was cut short.

My daughter has had a contagious smile and attitude since she was a baby.  As a toddler she would enter the room and the energy level shifted noticeably.  Her father used to call her "Sunshine".  It was wonderful to see her today, to hold her in a strong hug and to hear her laughter once again.  She is home in her own bed tonight and that brings me joy with a big "Thank You!" to God for bringing her safely home.

Muchas gracias a Dios!

No comments:

Post a Comment