Monday, January 30, 2012

Heaven Will Just Have To Wait


Dad's birthday last week
My father loves my brothers dearly, however as I'm the only girl I have enjoyed being "daddy's girl" for several decades now.  Our whole family is close and if the boys were willing to play with Barbies and wear girly dresses I would have gladly shared my title with them.  But that's a story for another day.

Today's story is about a phone call from my mother this afternoon to say that my dad's cancer doctor has declared him cancer free.  Free of cancer.  In remission.  They'll be removing the port from his chest soon.  This is of course  absolutely fantastic news.  The battle is over and the scars from the long fight are healing.

God still has work for him here.  Heaven will just have to wait.       

1 comment: