Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Murray Christmas (part II)

The movie trivia contest at Murray Christmas has become as well loved as the food and the crazy gift exchange.

It all started a few years ago when my older brother's love of "Christmas Story" inspired this fun trivia competition.  After laughing for years at the antics of Ralphie and his desire for a Red Ryder BB gun, Mike wrote out several easy (and not so easy) questions about the fun, holiday classic.  It was a hit!  We have since expanded the competition to cover other movies and this year the questions were about "Elf".

To get you in the mood, I'll set the scene.  Picture this.  Everyone is gathered around the island in the kitchen where all the food lays untouched during these energy-charged moments.  The questions are fired away and many times the answers are shouted out even before the sentence is finished and the question mark inflection is heard.  This year it took a strict school teacher and a tough cop to keep things in line.  Careful small children!  This is one tough event I'll tell you!

It just so happens I have a knack for recalling the answers quickly and shouting the answers faster and LOUDER than the others, so I tend to do quite well.  In fact last year when I took first place, I got a bum rap as a cheater!  A schiester.  Someone who doesn't play by the rules.  Believe me - those untruths are spurned by jest and roguery.  Surely they are taradiddles and it makes me and Baby Jesus cry to hear it.  I'll readily admit... I watch the movie several times.  I google trivia about it on the internet.  I study.  I cram.  I prepare.  Hmmmmm.... A schiester?  I think NOT!

Thus I am the champ and took home the kick butt first place trophy.  Sweet!  

No comments:

Post a Comment