Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Filled w/Thanks = Filled w/Joy: Day 7

I am thankful for the ability to run in lightning fast pink shoes!

The morning of the
Whistlestop Marathon.
26.2 miles in the snow!  
I am thankful for the ability and the desire to move and be active.  A few years ago after working out on the elliptical for a while, I was talked into walking/running a 5K by my daughters.  Much to everyone's astonishment I ended up running the whole thing!  I've really enjoyed running and must say that running as part of a healthy lifestyle has changed my life.  It was because of running that I met Harry (a story of thanks for another day) and have also met many other really nice people through this sport.
The Antigo
Tator Trot
2nd Place in my age group
The Bellin Run the
morning of our wedding day

First run in Florida
I was the Women's
Overall Grand Master!
Because I'm in the "old lady" category I have even won a couple trophies the past couple years!  What a hoot!  We ran a 10k race the morning of our wedding day and had a ton of fun as my daughter and I stopped to chat with family and friends a few times along the way.  I prefer brightly colored shoes - especially the lightning fast pink ones!

After a certain amont of miles you need new ones
for running but they are still in good shape for other stuff!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment