Thursday, November 8, 2012

Filled w/Thanks = Filled w/Joy: Day 8

I am thankful for POLKA DOTS!

My phone has a polka dot case!
Did you notice the heart?
 Yes, I am thankful for polka dots because they make me feel happy with their little polka dotty goodness.  There are several versions of the history of polka dots and I guess it doesn't really matter how they came to be among us, however I would venture to say that looking into their background I find it "spotty" at best.  (Ha!)  Whether they were connected to the polka dance craze or invented by George Henry the 5th, needless to say they have been enjoyed by many walks of life.  You can find them at the beach on itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikinis, on the clothing of flamenco dancers, on the guitars of rocksters and blues musicians, in the WWF rink with professional wrestlers, as well as in my closet and adorning several of my personal items.  The joy of polka dots has certainly touched a myriad of young and old alike.


Click here if you'd like to read the story of how this adorable 'brollie was carefully and lovingly selected.


P.S.  You KNEW a post on polka dots was coming didn't you!?

No comments:

Post a Comment