Friday, November 23, 2012

Filled w/Thanks = Filled w/Joy: Day 23

I am thankful for the 
many ways to connect 
with loved ones

Yesterday was Thanksgiving and even though I now live over 1200 miles away from my children, grandson, parents, and most of my close friends I was able to connect with them throughout the day in many different ways.

We texted, chatted on the telephone, and greeted others on Facebook while seeing pictures of the races they ran and the turkeys they baked.  My favorite call came about 8:30 at night on Facetime.  If you aren't familiar with Facetime, it's a wifi video connection between Iphones.  The call was from my son who was in my GRAND's darkened bedroom as he rocked him before putting him down for the night.  We talked quietly about their busy day and I was the recipient of lots of sleepy grins and smiles as my little GRAND snuggled with his daddy.  

It doesn't matter the form of technology as they all brought tears of both joy and homesickness throughout the day.       

1 comment: