Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Filled w/Thanks = Filled w/Joy: Day 6

I am thankful for the privilege to VOTE

As a female citizen of the United States of America, I am thankful for those who came before me that fought for and won the right for ME to vote.  I do not take the privilege lightly as I carefully weigh and assess what the individual candidates bring to the table and how that aligns with my values and beliefs.  Who to vote for is not always an easy decision.... but it is MY decision and I'd like to believe that every vote DOES count.  Therefore a couple weeks ago I filled out my ballet and put it in the mail.  Today I rather wish I had chosen to go the polls... there is something about being there on election day that adds to the spirit.  Perhaps I'll drive over and see if they need help handing out the "I Voted" stickers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment