Sunday, November 11, 2012

Filled w/Thanks = Filled w/Joy: Day 11

I am thankful for HUMOR!
Lindsay trying on her
cap and gown
Yale Div School 2009
Note:  This is a post from my personal diary dated June 8, 2008 that I thought I'd share...with a few minor edits.  I find it is still very relevant in my life today.  

Humor is a gift.  I don't know if everyone sees it that way or not, but I do.  I had a good "belly laugh" today because of Erich and KT and I took a moment to just enjoy the act of laughing.  I cannot image my life without laughter being a part of it.
Is humor something learned? Inherited? Is it in our genes? Can we learn to appreciate the sense of humor of others? Is humor only in the laugh or is it also in the eyes?
I love that my children get my humor and that I get theirs.  How cool is that?
This past few months the Jones' (name has been changed to protect their privacy) have upheld me through a very tough time with their humor. The fact that I've been able to be with them and laugh with them has truly been a life saver. I have loved seeing the humor between them in their relationship.
"Humor is a gift. Not something that can be given in a pretty package all tied up with a bow kind of gift, rather a shared gift of a piece of you that is precious. I have truly loved the sense of humor of my children. I pray they continue to share that wonderful gift with others. It makes life sweet." ~ Patti Bacher June 8, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment