Saturday, November 3, 2012

Filled w/Thanks = Filled w/Joy: Day 3

The Ability To Fly!

I am thankful for Orville and Wilbur Wright and the fact that they had enough intelligence and gumption to get out there and keep trying until they could fly.  Can you imagine being the first ones to get it right? (Or should we say, "Wright", ha!)  Just think what this has meant for you and I.... we can fly across the entire USA in mere hours and around the entire world in a couple days.  Amazing.  

I can leave my home in Florida in the morning and by early afternoon be in Wisconsin holding my GRAND in my arms and getting a huge, wet schmooch on the cheek.  For the ability to travel great distances quickly and comfortably I will be forever grateful to those in the aviation industry. 

On a side note I've done a little flying of my own ... read about it here.   

This is in response to a Facebook friend's challenge of daily postings of things for which we are thankful throughout the month of November.

No comments:

Post a Comment