Friday, November 30, 2012

Filled w/Thanks = Filled w/Joy: Day 30

I am thankful for Harry

Prior to meeting Harry I sat down and made a list of all the things I felt were important to me in a relationship - the things I felt I needed and desired.
Someone challenged me once in a business setting saying, "In all areas of your life, business, relationships, health, spirituality, etc. if you could have mediocre or you could have outstanding, awesome, mountain top .... why would you NOT choose the latter?"  I kept this in mind as I made my list; thus it was a pretty long list.

I prayed about it a lot and asked God to put me in such a relationship.

Not that I'm a demanding person but if awesome is a possibility - why would one ask for otherwise?

Harry is everything on that list and more.  God took my idea of an awesome relationship and added so much more.  Its like the whipped cream, nuts and cherry on top of a turtle sundae, melty peanut butter on a toasted english muffin, the sun sparkling across the ocean, or the beer and brats at the end of the finish line of a marathon.  God took my idea of wonderful and made it much better.

As this "30 Days of Thankful" project ends, it wouldn't be complete without Harry.  He has been an answer to my prayers and I am so very blessed and thankful to have him in my life.

Note:  I realize that everyone's list of what they need is very individual; but if you'd care to see mine just contact me directly by leaving a comment and I'd be happy to share it with you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment